[Openmd-developers] Migrating to GitHub

Dan Gezelter gezelter at nd.edu
Tue Mar 24 15:35:45 EDT 2015

Dear OpenMD developers,

Now that version 2.3 is out, the main OpenMD subversion repository has been migrated over to github which we should use going forward.  To get a copy of the repository:

   git clone https://github.com/OpenMD/OpenMD.git

The git workflow is a little different than svn because each person has their own copy of the repository.

To update from the remote repository, the "svn update" command is replaced with:

  git pull

In svn, we might do "svn commit", but in git, there's an additional step required to push it out the remote repository:

  git commit -a
  git push remote

There's a reasonably good overview here:  http://git-scm.com/course/svn.html

 --Dan