[Openmd-users] (no subject)

Dan Gezelter gezelter at nd.edu
Sat May 20 20:31:38 EDT 2017

Dear Tanni,

  Copper is also an FCC metal, with a lattice constant of 3.597 angstroms, so if you are following the instructions here:

http://openmd.org/building-and-equilibrating-a-gold-nanoparticle-in-openmd

the gold lattice constant (4.08) would be replaced by 3.597.

You’ll also need to modify the starting file with the molecule definition to use copper instead of gold:

<OpenMD>
  <MetaData>
molecule{
  name = “Cu";
  atom[0]{
    type = “Cu";
    position(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
  }
}

component{
  type = “Cu";
  nMol = 1;
}

forceField = "SC";
forceFieldFileName = "SuttonChen.QSC.frc";
  </MetaData>
</OpenMD>