[Openmd-users] Streptavidin on biotinylated gold nano-particle

Mohammad Mahdi Salary Shahrbabaki salaryshahrbabaki.m at husky.neu.edu
Thu Nov 20 21:30:41 EST 2014

Dear Professor Gezelter,

I am quite naive about molecular dynamics but I need to simulate binding of
streptavidin molecules to a 20 nm sized biotinylated gold nano-particle for
my work. I have built the gold nano-particle using the instructions in the
website. Now I need to add biotin ligands into gold nano-particle and then
determine the binding sites of streptavidin on the surface of biotinylated
particle. I was wondering if it is possible to do all of these simulations
using OpenMD?

I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions you could provide.

Best,
Mohammad